I’m passionate about working with people on how best to connect with others
I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)and hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Therapuetic Counselling & Psychotherapy. I have also worked with Relate.
I currently work with couples and individuals who are struggling with their relationships due to communication issues, after an affair or where they feel they or longer connect or feel close.
I have work with users of both illicit and prescription drugs as well as alcohol in Inner London for over 15 years. I have also worked together with families and partners of the substance users to give them a better understanding of addiction, what they can do to assist the user through to recovery and help themselves find coping strategies.
I have worked within domestic violence services for a number of years, working with both men and women who have struggled in difficult relationships. I have assisted those who have left violent relationships, coping with anxiety and fear as well as keeping themselves safe during and after a traumatic time. I have also worked with adults and children survivors of abuse with coming to terms with past issues and trying to find closure and or resolution.
I have worked in services for young people, counselling them in negotiating adulthood in an increasingly difficult period of time.
I have worked with people who are experiencing stress, depression and anxiety whether it is through relationships, childhood trauma, bereavement, sexuality or diversity issues.
- I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Theraputic Counselling (Integrative)
- CPCAB Couples Counselling Level 5
- Level 2 & 3 Person Centred Counselling,
- BSc Sociology & Politics, Mindfulness,
- Certificate in Personality Disorder,
- Certificate in Lifespan Integration,
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivation Interviewing,
- Working with Offending behaviour,
- Working with Crack Users,
- Working with Heroin users,
- Working with Survivors of Domestic Violence, MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences),
- Safeguarding and Child Protection.
Areas of Specialism
I specialise in addiction, Relationship issues, trauma, people who have experienced domestic violence, young people, anxiety and depression.
I am Integrative in my approach (but use the Systemic approach often when working with couples), therefore I try to use the therapy model that suits you. I would always discuss with you the type of approach we could use before we agree to use it.